Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hi there.

I have a laundry list of things to do right now. In 3 days I'm packing up and moving to Los Angeles after having lived the first 10,007 days of my life in Tennessee. So I'm spending valuable daylight hours doing what any sane person would do, starting a blog. 

Thanks to almost 10 years of working in video games and TV (not to mention quite a bit of my formidable years being spent "studying" the aforementioned mediums), my attention span is on par with most toddlers. Good thing we have the internet. 

Truth be told, I should have started this blog about 5 months ago after quitting my job. I had plenty of time to kill, and did a great job helping my friends at work pass the time with a steady stream of random links/videos/timewasters I came across each day as I wandered the tubes. I choose to believe they were grateful for my services and not annoyed with my not having anything better to do than interrupt their work day.

Now that I'm moving to a new city and pursuing work that will keep me pretty busy, I feel like I have to make the time I waste really count. Hopefully this blog will turn into a repository of all the things I find to help the day slip by. Expect links to whatever I find interesting along with the occasional review of a movie I stop to watch while flipping channels because honestly, you can't really 'get' Waterworld until the 7th or 8th viewing.



2 comments: