Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain...

I'm a little over a day out from leaving Nashville and with my first planned stop being Oklahoma City, I got a little freaked when I heard about the tornadoes that hit earlier in the week. I've only been near one tornado in my life and it was enough to put the fear into me. Fortunately the weather forecast looks pretty mild for my trip.

My current plan is OKC by Friday night, Flagstaff, AZ on Saturday, and then deciding Sunday whether to tough it out for the remainder or break up the last leg over two days. I'm leaning towards the latter so I'm not trying to navigate LA for the first time at the end of a day-long drive. I'll be playing that one by ear.

While I'm not turning this into a sight-seeing tour, I've started searching for some good local places to get my meals. Something tells me I'd burn out on five-dollar-footlongs well before I reach California if I don't sneak some variety in there. 

I'm hopefully I can find some places that are worth writing about. Sadly the Heart Attack Grill is a bit too far out of my way to visit. Perhaps on the return trip!

-Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment