Monday, February 9, 2009

Leaving Knoxvegas

Packing up a car for a long distance move is never an easy thing. There is never quite enough room for everything you hope to take along with you although I'm proud of myself for managing to get in quite a bit more than I expected. I'm also proud of not getting a ticket due to having zero visibility through the rear window. Fortunately some of my cargo was only destined for Nashville, and I'm here for a few days which will give me plenty of time to re-think my packing strategy for the rest of the trip. Of course, the packing and moving was not the most difficult part of my day... 

(hit play now)


Up until a few years ago, I had very nomadic tendencies with various groups of friends, until I settled in downtown Knoxville and met some of the truly wonderful people in my building. And from there, the group of people I consider my Knoxville family snowballed into too many people to name. 

So yesterday when it came time to say goodbye, the only thought going through my head was "this is all their fault". 

There is no way the person I was a few years ago could have made this move. Its their fault that I believe I can make this work. After all, it worked when I moved to Knoxville.

So thanks to every last one of you that made yesterday one of the hardest days of my life. I couldn't have done it without you.

5 comments:

  1. None of this is my fault. :)

    You will make this move work, I don't doubt it in the least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for the blog! I don't have to go through Stephen with-drawl (which is not pretty) because I can still get my daily dose of witty cynicism from here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be safe and enjoy the road!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right! It is all our faults. You are a different man than we met 2 years ago. You're bigger, stronger, smarter, even wittier.
    You know...we can't take credit. You did it all yourself! And we love you for it, man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those peeps had the same effect on my life too! Hope all is well SV. And hope to see the rest of you Fire Streeters soon!

    ReplyDelete